Friday, January 28, 2011

Joe and Jonno’s final reflection

28th January 2011

Joe and Jonno’s final reflection

They say an army marches on its stomach... well this week we made the army march.

This week has made us realise that our learning is at its best outside the class room. It’s not for everyone but it works for the vast majority of people on our course. We are looking forward to the next residential. Once all the power points and the note taking are gone you get to learn in a way that suits us best.... By doing it.

We both feel that experiences such as linnet Clough phase 1 and 2 teach you more than any lesson could, Such as responsibility, respect, team work, leadership and many more life skills that we won’t forget. It is important to experience these things outside the class room and to get out there in the thick of it.
The residential’s experiences really do make this course what it is, and that’s what makes Chesterfield College uniformed public services the best.

Joe and Jonno



Grant said,

Whilst at Linnet I managed to bump up a few pass grades to higher levels which put’s me in good stead for decent final target marks. The skits that we all took part in were great and helped us all bond together as a team.
Now I can’t wait to get back to college and start outdoor activities and finish off all my other assignments.

Grant Weller

Callie said,

Even though I didn't originally want to come to Linnet for the second time, I've enjoyed my time here. Now that the go kart track is finished it looks really good and professional! I've manages to improve my grades as well from year one which is a bit of a bonus! Martin taught me how to use spell check on my phone which is handy to know when I need to spell a word correctly.
The skits were amazing too! I think I can speak for us all and say we've had a brilliant time all working together and chilling at night.
I've spoke to people I haven't spoken to before so i can safely say I've made new friends I might be a fussy eater but i was well catered for and really enjoyed my 'special' food and appreciate it.
Thanks to the staff who have helped arrange this trip and to the staff who have had to put up with us for a week!

Callie LambX

1 comment:

G W said...

Good thoughts there Joe and Jonno, thanks again to both staff and students who cooked meals etc.

Grant