Friday, January 21, 2011

Day 5: The final Push and the Return Home

Friday: 21st January 2011

Completion of both assignment of project tasks, cleaning, packing and handover.



Learner Comments


Chris said,

Wow... Linnet Clough phase 2! I don't know where to start.

In fact I do, I lied. Firstly I would like to thank everyone that has made this event happen, each and every person involved in the organisation of this trip has done an amazing job and deserves an enormous amount of credit.

Without you we know this would have never been possible.

Its great for us to know that because of this trip, we have been improving not only the public service course for ourselves but for other students in the future. Also the scouts who will be visiting the site and using the amazing go-kart track that we built, in the future.

Being the first ever students to experience linnet clough phase 2, has put on a little pressure on the teams. The event should happen again, I think that we have behaved with maturity and professionalism and our work has been outstanding.

I believe that we will all leave linnet clough tomorrow with a great attitude towards completing the rest of the year. We will also leave feeling more of a team, increasing our friendships throughout college and also our enjoyment of the course.

Again I would like to thank everyone that made this possible and each person that has attended this week. I have loved every minute of this week and would definitely come back next week if i could.

I will miss absolutely every single person when we reach the end of this course and choosing to join this course was one of the best decisions of my life.

Chris Watts

Hollie said,

Well as you all probably know I left due to health problems and coming back to linnet really made me feel part of the group again. When I came back people didn't really know what to say to me and I felt a little left out, also having all that time off I missed loads of work so coming here gave me the chance to catch up on loads of assignment's i missed.

Helping out in the kitchen also gave me a new confidence, as I got to speak to people and feel like I gave them something back as I was doing something for them!

I sometimes feel like people think i have got out of work just because what I have gone through, but trust me i would rather do everyone work all together than go through what i have gone through ever again, I wouldn't wish it on my enemy.

I have really been my self here and feel like I have made new friends and become my old self again, so thank you to all the staff and students who have made me feel welcome again

I don't think I would of been able to do it without the amazing friends I have, Jade, Chloe, Lori and Callie so a big thank you to them.

Also a big thank you to the staff who have helped me through this and made it easier for me to catch up on the huge mountain of work i have.

Hollie Parkin x

Jamie Said,

I would like to give a massive thank you to all the staff who have made this possible. I've really enjoyed the week, and I'm walking away from here with two Distinctions and a merit, instead of two passes and a referral!

Thank you!!

Jamie Jepson

No comments: